Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Share | 

adding friends

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: adding friends   Mon 04 Mar 2013, 21:40

so I was having trouble inviting people I was playing with, cause of all the different variations of spelling. such as upper and lower case. L's and I's and zeroes and such. so I got kn the computer at work and went to the complete list of.members and went to my squad(bravo squad2). I copied all the names and put it in an email and sent it to my personal email account. I copied everything, so I had to delete names and countries and just left psn id's.

then I got on ps3 and went to my yahoo mail account. I had to choose "use previous version of yahoo mail, this one time" since new yahoo version isn't supported by ps3. I then pulled up email with the list and started copying names (psn id's). u go to one side of name and hold x then drag to other side. when u let go of x, it automatically prompts u to copy it, so press x again. u can do either 9 or 10 names at one time. it will put the names into a list u can paste into the psn id box, one at a time. so after u copy 9 names, hit the PS button, without exiting the browser, and go straight to add friends. once u click the psn id box and get to the keyboard, instead of typing in the letters for the name, go all the way to the bottom right corner icon. it is a pic of a clipboard and a box. it is the paste button. click it then select the top name on the list. after that, go to the screen with the message body. type 4gcr in the message body and send it. do the same thing on next invite,except pick the second name on the paste list. once u send all the ones from ur copied list, go back and copy more from ur email.

u only need to type 4gcr on the first message. cause afterward, u just have to press 4 then pick 4gcr from the auto complete menu on the right. also, u might be able to get to the 4gc website on ps3 and copy names straight from the list. therefore, bypassing the email part.

this was way better than typing.every name singularly. i tried typing mooses name last night about 5 times before i gave up and figured this out today
if this helps at least 5 people, it'll be worth typing this whole thing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: adding friends   Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:48

this is one good way to add 4GCers on your friend list. another good way is by checking the MAIN CONTACTS from the MAIN NAVIGATION box on the left of screen here. add the main contacts of your regiment, once the get you in to a party loby in game add as many as you can there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: adding friends   Tue 05 Mar 2013, 03:56

DA_FRIDGE1 wrote:
so I was having trouble inviting people I was playing with, cause of all the different variations of spelling. such as upper and lower case. L's and I's and zeroes and such. so I got kn the computer at work and went to the complete list of.members and went to my squad(bravo squad2). I copied all the names and put it in an email and sent it to my personal email account. I copied everything, so I had to delete names and countries and just left psn id's.

then I got on ps3 and went to my yahoo mail account. I had to choose "use previous version of yahoo mail, this one time" since new yahoo version isn't supported by ps3. I then pulled up email with the list and started copying names (psn id's). u go to one side of name and hold x then drag to other side. when u let go of x, it automatically prompts u to copy it, so press x again. u can do either 9 or 10 names at one time. it will put the names into a list u can paste into the psn id box, one at a time. so after u copy 9 names, hit the PS button, without exiting the browser, and go straight to add friends. once u click the psn id box and get to the keyboard, instead of typing in the letters for the name, go all the way to the bottom right corner icon. it is a pic of a clipboard and a box. it is the paste button. click it then select the top name on the list. after that, go to the screen with the message body. type 4gcr in the message body and send it. do the same thing on next invite,except pick the second name on the paste list. once u send all the ones from ur copied list, go back and copy more from ur email.

u only need to type 4gcr on the first message. cause afterward, u just have to press 4 then pick 4gcr from the auto complete menu on the right. also, u might be able to get to the 4gc website on ps3 and copy names straight from the list. therefore, bypassing the email part.

this was way better than typing.every name singularly. i tried typing mooses name last night about 5 times before i gave up and figured this out today
if this helps at least 5 people, it'll be worth typing this whole thing!

n1. This post should get pinned somewhere so ppl can see this when adding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: adding friends   Tue 05 Mar 2013, 20:29

When I first joined I added those that could vouch for me; a couple had maxed out and made room once it was pointed out. From that point it was easy: every party I joined I'd send a FR to anyone not already on my list. This allowed me to pick up those that are generally online at the same time I am.
Back to top Go down
Pro_Vantage
General Sp x3 :)

PostSubject: Re: adding friends   Wed 06 Mar 2013, 05:49

If you sent me a request and I'm full. send me a message and let me know. I'll clear some room for you. No prob!

Back to top Go down
knightcold
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4

PostSubject: Re: adding friends   Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:10

Show up for pub stomp tonight. A lot of people to add there.

Back to top Go down
Pro_Vantage

PostSubject: Re: adding friends   Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:33

knightcold wrote:
Show up for pub stomp tonight. A lot of people to add there.

+1

I run the lobby for pub stomp send me friend request and if I'm full let me know and I'll make room and get u in the pub stomp lobby!

see you there! cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: adding friends   Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:59

Definitely an interesting approach, hope it helps some folks add other clan members a bit more easily! Sorry for the confusion trying to add me, I always try and point out that the O's in 'moose' are zeros, so I imagine that's what tripped you up trying to add me, but I think I do have you on my friends list now. I did it the old fashioned way and added the main contacts after I posted my intro post as a new recruit, and once I started getting invited into lobbies I either got a bunch of requests from others or sent them one myself and started filling up my list pretty quickly. Joining in on the pub stomp definitely helps as well, always a bunch of people that show up for it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: adding friends   Wed 06 Mar 2013, 13:52

haha its all good moose. i probably should have asked instead of trying the wrong thing over and over. i have trouble sending invites between games. my kids and wife always want something, or im trying to adjust my classes. plus, i hate typing stuff with my controller. was planning on just sending an invite to everyone on the memberlist. i cant make it to the pub stomp tonight. i have bowling league on wednesday. ill make the one friday, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: adding friends   Wed 06 Mar 2013, 13:57

Lol no problem bud, it trips a lot of people up, unfortunately the tag with O's and not zeroes was taken so had to change it up. Know what ya mean as far as typing with the controller, it's a pain, but definitely hit me up when you're on and we'll get ya in some lobbies with some of the others and get your friends list stocked up nicely!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: adding friends   Wed 06 Mar 2013, 14:14

When someone shows up in a lobby or a game that I do not have on my list...I go to "players met" in the PSN menu and add them that way...no spelling issues for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: adding friends   Wed 06 Mar 2013, 14:24

ez1ly_k1lled wrote:
When someone shows up in a lobby or a game that I do not have on my list...I go to "players met" in the PSN menu and add them that way...no spelling issues for me.

good call! i forgot all about that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: adding friends   

Back to top Go down

adding friends
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1