Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Share | 

[OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 09:47

Intro and a little bit about me...
Hey guys, gals and anything in-between.

Most peeps know me as OldFart Buck (hence the OFB).  Had a nosey around and I'm interested in applying for the opportunity to join your humble abode.

I'm 33, married and currently have a child with it's fingers constantly attached to my wallet.  Live in Suffolk, UK.

been a gamer since the late 90's, starting of with Novalogic's Delta Force.  Continuing through it's series, onto Tom Clancy's Ravenshield, then eventually finding myself playing more console games and console FPS's.

Streamed my way into the Battlefield series becoming very competitive on Bad Company 2, reaching the Top 50 ranked EU players at the time of BF3's release.

Battlefield 3 ended up having severe input lag for me, so friends coaxed me into playing MW3 at the time and got hooked on it. Moving onto present day and Blops2.

My COD history and Temperament
Started playing MW3 (about 3 months after it's release), quickly gained a grasp of it and holding a 2.5 KD, 400 SPM and high WL ratio.  The group of guys I knew and played with were all of a similiar standard so public lobbies were pretty easy for us.

Time went on and more of us got 'married' had kids' etc and real life came more into play for us all so we all slowly drifted apart, on the rare occasion if we're all online we tend to meet up and have a few games together but what I'm looking for now is somewhere more concrete to place myself and move on with more active people.

In terms of how I play, my game-style varies dependent on map and mood but generally I prefer to 'rush with a smart head' , though I'll have the night here and there where I'll just play support and hold mid ground or flex it out as an anchor.

I play to win but I'm one of the few people you'll get to know that can lose with a little bit of grace dignity and I'm not too overly worried about my stats, no one likes to go negative regardless of the game-type but as long as we win it evens itself out.  

Current stats: KD: 2.58 / SPM: 371 / WL: 78%

I mainly play Core TDM / Dom / Demo / Hardpoint.   SND has to be my least favourite mode purely because if I die to early I end up falling asleep watching some numbnut sitting in a corner.

I recently left a clan called VOPS after being with them just over a month.  The clan itself is ran by a female (not that that has any downside) but when she would actively display her personal problems throughout the website for all to see, it became too much of a downer, also having her constantly accusing others of cheating and giving the clan a bad rep (this all coming from a clan leader) , especially during and after clan scrims was too much for me to want to continue my association with her and unfortunately the clan, this consensus was held by quite a few people and some others took the same course of action as myself.  I'd rather you guys didn't take that as a personal attack on her as it's not meant like that, outside of Gaming she can be a nice individual along with the rest of the clan but when I log in to play I'm there to play with genuine reasonably minded people.

I'm usually a pretty good judge of character and I've been debating whether to get back into a "Clan" environment considering my last experience was pretty sour but I've had a long look round and from what I've seen this community could be ideal.

Any how, apologies for the overly long introduction, guessing it's better to have a longer one than one that just say

"Hi , addz me I wantz to join"
Back to top Go down
Abrysaf
Friend of 4GC
Friend of 4GC

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:01

Now that's an awesome intro post! Very Happy

Hello and welcome to 4GC Paddy. You are now a recruit!!! So what happens next??

To become a full member, first we need to get you vouched for. This just means that we get you in-game and on-mic with one of our officers who will confirm that you're not actually 12 years old and can communicate maturely.

A mic is a requirement of full membership. It doesn't need to be fancy, you can pick one up for about £10/$15 and any bluetooth headset will do. It will not only get you vouched for but will help with team tactics, map callouts and increase your overall enjoyment of the game.

Have a look at the MAIN CONTACTS. You have been added to Charlie Squad 2. To begin, send friend requests to:

Abrysaf
Wafelini
Creativeonito
DaftMatlo
SteveMcGee
Suspected1337
Uncachunk
Salcombecrab

This should be done ASAP as these are the members who will vouch for you. Make sure you write 4GCr in the friend request so they know you are a recruit. Also change your clan tags to 4GCr so our members will know you are a recruit while in-game.

Check out the stickies in the new members area. They give information on our clan guidelines, code of conduct and other important information. Basically what you can expect from us and what is expected from you.

4GC is a fun community of like-minded, mature gamers and YOUR 4GC experience will be what YOU make it. If you meet 4GC members in a game lobby, send them a friend request!! If you have something to say or share, start a new thread in the forum or reply to existing topics!! If you're playing alone, don't be afraid to send out invites or ask for an invite to an existing party!! If you have any questions or need any help, just ask!! We have loads of members willing to help out!! Remember, we were all new once and the only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked!!

So on behalf of myself and the rest of the management team, we wish you a very warm welcome to 4GC and we hope you enjoy gaming with us!!
Back to top Go down
http://Abrysaf66@gmail.com
Abrysaf
Friend of 4GC
Friend of 4GC

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:04

Just me again! We hold a fun clan competition (Pub Stomp) on Tuesdays circa 9pm - splitting into random teams and playing a random game mode each week for one hour. Hopefully we'll see you there and you'll get to meet a fair few 4GC members.

Tomorrow we have fun games in a private lobby starting circa 8.30pm which are always, well, fun!

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://Abrysaf66@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:06

Welcome to 4GC Smile 
Back to top Go down
RENE6ADE-
Retired Officers Sp x2
Retired Officers Sp x2

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:18

Welcome to the 4GC family
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:19

Cheers. Yeah I'm generally always online from 21:00 , unless the wife's decided to hijack the TV.

I'll definitely make an appearance tonight though, look forward to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:21

welcome mate and really nic Intro Post man. And as Abrysaf said come and join up with us tonight for pubstomp and you will meet several of us 4GC members with in the BO2 part. With that said add me if ya like: PSN: Cyrexn. Even though after my fresh start in game I mostly play FFA haha to much fun ^^

Peace Out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:32

welcome aboard man! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:37

Welcome to Family of 4GC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:46

Welcome to 4GC paddy, feel free to add me flozzy5, i'm sure you'll like it here cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:59

Welcome bud, great intro, if you like hardcore, add me.
Back to top Go down
Pro_Vantage
General Sp x3 :)
General Sp x3 :)

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:59

Welcome to the family! I am 33 as well and have a little one, but she doesn't have her fingers around my wallet. . . .she keeps it in her pocket! LOL

Welcome to the family. I'm on the US side of things so we may not get together much, but if you're on and you want to send friend request my PSN: Pro_Vantage.

If not I understand and enjoy your time here.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 11:23

welcome to the family paddy, hope you enjoy your stay cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 11:27

Cheers for the welcomes',

Have no probs gaming with people from across the pond, sometimes I'm up till the early hours so Time zone dependent might be able to get a few games in.

Running a 120mb connection so generally my connection's pretty decent to American hosts. Might be nice to not actually pull host for once and be one of those '3 bar'rs' who seem to eat bullets Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 12:56

Welcome to 4gc hope u have fun:mgun: 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 13:19

Welcome cheers cheers 

Im sure you will enjoy it here Smile

You sound like a really good player and a great attribute to the clan.

I almost exclusively play S&D but look forward to seeing you around the forum Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 15:13

Now that is an interesting post (wink wink) Laughing Laughing 

Welcome to the best clan in the world, you old fart (how I wish I still had your age).

You will like it here, I'm sure!

Feel free to add me : x_Bald_Eagle_x

For those of you who miss uncle Baldy, with the hot temperatures I spend most of my time on the lovely Ostend beach.

And for Inover : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8fp8ZcYdG4

See you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 15:15

Welcome to the team bro Very Happy

Sounds like we have another great member to our great clan, from reading your introduction i know you will fit in here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wafelini
Friend of 4GC
Friend of 4GC

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 17:07

Welcome to 4GC cheers
That's a great intro post!
I'm sure you will enjoy it here Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 17:30

Welcome to 4GC Old FART although Im 2yrs elder any who enjoy you stay cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 19:21

Makes a refreshing change to not actually be the oldest player in a community of people.  I'll have to rethink my Oldfart title.

Enjoyed the games tonight, hopefully didn't disappoint any of your expectations (if you had any of me) and also a big thanks to Phoenix_flyer for inviting me onto Borderlands 2 afterwards. Was a good laugh.

Look forward to grouping up with the rest of you guys n gals in due course. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Wed 24 Jul 2013, 15:12

Welcome to the family paddy, I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here with us all Smile
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer
Friend of 4GC
Friend of 4GC

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Wed 24 Jul 2013, 16:41

welcome to the clan man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:35

x_Bald_Eagle_x wrote:
Same here, had me ROFL (we know her)

Welcome Paddy and have a great time.

PSN inovermyed

x_Bald_Eagle_x wrote:
For those of you who miss uncle Baldy, with the hot temperatures I spend most of my time on the lovely Ostend beach.
And if your wondering which one is Baldy on the beach, just look for the smallest dwarf with the shinny head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   Thu 25 Jul 2013, 13:01

Uncle Perv wrote:
x_Bald_Eagle_x wrote:
Same here, had me ROFL (we know her)

Oh, seems like her reputation is somewhat more, commonly known. It's a shame, as there are some genuinely nice people in that clan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.   

Back to top Go down

[OFB] - An old fart looking for somewhere to park his slippers.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next