Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over
 
HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Profile
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Share | 
 

 A formal request to support a community gaming experience

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RENE6ADE-
Retired Officers Sp x2
Retired Officers Sp x2


Location : North Carolina, USA
Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 2659

PostSubject: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Sun 04 Jan 2015, 13:05

Hey 4GC,

I would like to request that 4gc begin supporting a commiunity experience when it comes to gaming.

Call of Duty will always be a decent game but it has truly lost something. Destiny has been a success for 4gc even tho I personally did not enjoy it very long.

A clan must change and mold to survive. Really what its about is playing games and having fun with friends. Does it really matter what those games are? I would love to see real support for GTA 5 and really would be great for 4gc to become a gaming community versus a CoD clan and this site/forum become a great place to congregate and enjoy all ps4 games.

Management,

Please discuss this and give it a chance.

Cheers,
Renegade
Back to top Go down
Pro_Vantage
General Sp x3 :)
General Sp x3 :)
avatar

Location : Big Spring, TX USA
Join date : 2012-06-29
Posts : 3860

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Sun 04 Jan 2015, 21:34

This question has been brought up before and has been discussed, I feel, at length with those in management. With that being said, I can honestly say I would NOT support this idea. For several reasons:

1. We have a hard enough time figuring out how to keep people from being "left out."

2. Our constant claim is that we are a family. That will be lost if we turn to being a gaming community.

3. We already have an issue of some separating themselves from the clan. I am in the process of trying to resolve this issue and all this would do is make it worse.

4. Last but not least I am against this just because its not what 4GC was created for. This was a CoD community. That being said I understand a lot of people don't like this one, but there will be another.

After hearing some feedback from some of the members of management, this move will not be supported at this time.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it is not in the best interest of the clan (at this time) to move to a gaming community. This has been discussed before and the same issues remain as discussed before.

I will never tell anyone what game to play and there is no reason why you can't game together in another game as some already are, but as of right now 4GC will remain a CoD primary clan.

Please do not stop suggesting ideas. Everyone has an opportunity to give ideas to improve the clan. If your's is not accepted, please do not take it personal.

Thanks,

Pro






Back to top Go down
Pro_Vantage
General Sp x3 :)
General Sp x3 :)
avatar

Location : Big Spring, TX USA
Join date : 2012-06-29
Posts : 3860

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Sun 04 Jan 2015, 21:39

While the decision has been made, I'm not one for locking a section unless necessary. This will be left open for the time being. If it becomes volatile or a name calling or accusation fest, it will be locked. Keep it civilized please. We are adults.

Thanks,

Pro




Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Sun 04 Jan 2015, 22:16

I totally agree Pro we are already experiencing this with Destiny and I enjoy Destiny more than this CoD. I think if others want to group and play other games by all means. The seperation of multiple games would bring nothing but more issues than we are already encountering. Just my opinion though as I have been the "shoulder of concerns" to come to of recent with most members from CoD and Destiny.
Back to top Go down
DewBaah
Corporal Sp
Corporal Sp
avatar

Location : Marlton , New Jersey
Join date : 2012-11-21
Posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Sun 04 Jan 2015, 22:31

So are you saying we are not allowed to recruit players to play other games other then CoD or Destiny? That seems silly. The issue with CoD and Destiny is that the members we had split in half between the games. This would be bringing new members in

We had more people playing GTA V tonight then there were playing CoD


Last edited by DewBaah on Sun 04 Jan 2015, 22:42; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : We had more)
Back to top Go down
peacamaker
Friend of 4GC
Friend of 4GC
avatar

Location : California
Join date : 2014-11-18
Posts : 595

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Sun 04 Jan 2015, 22:41

DewBaah wrote:
So are you saying we are not allowed to recruit players to play other games other then CoD or Destiny? That seems silly. The issue with CoD and Destiny is that the members we had split in half between the games. This would be bringing new members in

The reason this gaming community idea keeps coming up is because people have interest in it and want to enjoy other games outside of the FPS genera

We had more people playing GTA V tonight then there were playing CoD.

That is for now gta5 and other games are fun to play besides cod and destiny and I have been part of clans before and the foundation that it was built on should never be tamper with that is how members will leave down the road. As that being said I joined this clan for cod and destiny part and I'm with the brother affiliate AFK clan for battlefield. Again there is no problems playing other games with members. If the management and founders of this clan say no respect them as they have already spoken about this.
Back to top Go down
Pro_Vantage
General Sp x3 :)
General Sp x3 :)
avatar

Location : Big Spring, TX USA
Join date : 2012-06-29
Posts : 3860

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 07:15

DewBaah wrote:
So are you saying we are not allowed to recruit players to play other games other then CoD or Destiny? That seems silly. The issue with CoD and Destiny is that the members we had split in half between the games. This would be bringing new members in

We had more people playing GTA V tonight then there were playing CoD

That is what that means. I'm sure this will rub some people the wrong way, but how does it make sense to recruit people to a clan that doesn't support a game. That to me would be "silly."

My suggestion would be to start a "clan" for GTA V and be a brother affiliate as AFK. I'm sorry this didn't go as some had hoped.






Back to top Go down
RENE6ADE-
Retired Officers Sp x2
Retired Officers Sp x2


Location : North Carolina, USA
Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 2659

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 08:04

I understand the reasons for not expanding. But at the same time I feel it could also do this clan some good to evolve. Every year more and more people stop playing Call of Duty.

4gc is all about family and member retention. If another affiliate clan for other games is created, and it will be if 4gc is not able to support anything more, you will basically be saying that doesnt matter whether you leave or stay. There may be, 10-20 members that would like to be a part of an "other games" division or "gta" division. Most would also play cod or Destiny. I myself am not sure but cod is definitely off my list for the foreseeable future.

Its very hard to hear the words we will not be supporting a group of our "2nd family members" to play and recruit new members to enjoy this great clan with us.

No dis respect intended just playing my hand here.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 08:34

I'm honestly open to anything. People are going to play and discuss what games they want. Whether it be CoD, Binding of Isaac, Destiny, GTA, Dragon Age, Diablo, Injustice, etc. It does not matter.

Let me be clear on something above.

Dew, you mentioned something about recruiting. This is the only distinction that I think we need to make. I believe we should recruit anyone who wants to join. However, recruiters, let me make one thing crystal clear. You must be honest with new recruits. From start till finish. They need to know that if they are here to play Diablo, then they are likely going to have a pretty bad experience in the clan as most don't play that title.
Back to top Go down
DewBaah
Corporal Sp
Corporal Sp
avatar

Location : Marlton , New Jersey
Join date : 2012-11-21
Posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 08:37

I am basically reading. Hey we won't tell you what games to play but if you want us to support you then you must be playing these games.

How well has the affiliate thing worked? They are in no way related to us. They are an entirely different clan not an extension of 4GC that supports a different game.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 08:42

I have no problem supporting additional games so long as there are a requisite number of people playing them. What is that number? No idea. It's more than a few, I can tell you that.

There are a few games coming out over the next year I would really love the clan to expand into... like Battlefronts!!!!

Back to top Go down
DewBaah
Corporal Sp
Corporal Sp
avatar

Location : Marlton , New Jersey
Join date : 2012-11-21
Posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 08:44

Do you mean the star wars game email? Also we have ESO and The Division coming as well.
Back to top Go down
Pro_Vantage
General Sp x3 :)
General Sp x3 :)
avatar

Location : Big Spring, TX USA
Join date : 2012-06-29
Posts : 3860

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 08:52

DewBaah wrote:
I am basically reading. Hey we won't tell you what games to play but if you want us to support you then you must be playing these games.

How well has the affiliate thing worked? They are in no way related to us. They are an entirely different clan not an extension of 4GC that supports a different game.  


That is exactly what is being said. 4GC is a CoD primary and Destiny secondary clan. Now swapping the position of those could be up for discussion, but if you want forum support (ie. youtube videos, tips, tricks, and help for support in game, discussion of the game) from 4GC it will be for these 2 games.

I'm sure there are "clans" generally set up for most every game. If you need that, there are no rules against being a member as long as its not for one of the games we support.

The affiliates are there to signify "friendly" clans to 4GC. It wasn't meant to benefit either unless a recruit, such as we've had in the recent weeks, comes in looking to play both CoD and BF. DG and others have referred several to them for the BF side of things.

Has anyone been referred to us? I don't know and quite honestly am not concerned with that. We've had several new recruits join and several have left, because we haven't given them the attention and the experience they were expecting when they heard about us.

That has to be fixed before we even consider supporting something else.

I'm not real sure how much more clear we can be about this matter as of right now. That is not to say it won't change, but as of right now we are strictly a CoD and Destiny clan.




Back to top Go down
THANX4PLAYIN2DAY
Colonel Sp x3
Colonel Sp x3
avatar

Location : United States - Indiana
Join date : 2012-02-15
Posts : 2278

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 09:02

There is little I could add to this discussion as I could not say it any better than pro. I came to 4gc because of it's focus on CoD & honestly attempted to get into Battlefield b/c of the membership. It turned out that I hated that game, so when they split to be Battlefield only, I supported their move and embraced the fact that we were CoD only. Now with the debacle that was ghosts and is AW, I'm thankful that with much urging by Renegade and others we've opened ourselves up to Destiny. I know he fizzled on the game, but I have grown to love it and it's various quirks. And yes, I'm even warming to PvP a little. I've completely soured on CoD. There is very little time in my day that I can spend gaming and to expand our support library would limit the time I play with my friends/family in 4gc would be further reduced. I know there are a few of our regulars that I've not played with in over 3 months simply b/c they are playing games other than what I own. Good for them that they're having fun doing that, but since I can only focus on one or two games regularly I figure those friendships will fade now.

More games simply means that I'll have less opportunity to engage and interact with those who are playing games other than what we're currently supporting.



Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 09:06

DewBaah wrote:
Do you mean the star wars game email? Also we have ESO and The Division coming as well.

The Star Wars game that will make all other games look like poop? Yes. That game. Been waiting for this game since I was in college like 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
RENE6ADE-
Retired Officers Sp x2
Retired Officers Sp x2


Location : North Carolina, USA
Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 2659

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 09:16

THANX4PLAYIN2DAY wrote:
There is little I could add to this discussion as I could not say it any better than pro.  I came to 4gc because of it's focus on CoD & honestly attempted to get into Battlefield b/c of the membership.  It turned out that I hated that game, so when they split to be Battlefield only, I supported their move and embraced the fact that we were CoD only.  Now with the debacle that was ghosts and is AW, I'm thankful that with much urging by Renegade and others we've opened ourselves up to Destiny.  I know he fizzled on the game, but I have grown to love it and it's various quirks.  And yes, I'm even warming to PvP a little. I've completely soured on CoD.  There is very little time in my day that I can spend gaming and to expand our support library would limit the time I play with my friends/family in 4gc would be further reduced.  I know there are a few of our regulars that I've not played with in over 3 months simply b/c they are playing games other than what I own.  Good for them that they're having fun doing that, but since I can only focus on one or two games regularly I figure those friendships will fade now.

More games simply means that I'll have less opportunity to engage and interact with those who are playing games other than what we're currently supporting.


Very glad that Destiny has worked out for so many. I agree that it sucks not to play with friends due to games played but thats what the forum is for.

Ask yourself this.... If it wasnt for me pushing Destiny onto 4gc so heavily, would you still be a active part of this clan? You hate CoD just like me. I am in the predicament of wanting 4gc to support other games so it can remain a gaming home for me. If 4gc only supports CoD and Destiny then there will be no reason for me to continue to be a member here.

I sacrificed a lot of personal time for this place over the past couple years. No it was not required nor did any one demand it of me but it would be great to see this place adapt so I will still have a home here.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 09:20

It's hard to argue with that.

What games did you have in mind?
Back to top Go down
DewBaah
Corporal Sp
Corporal Sp
avatar

Location : Marlton , New Jersey
Join date : 2012-11-21
Posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 09:27

Look at how long I have been here. This is my second account so its missing another year or 2. I have seen everything from the Xbox side splitting off , then the EU side splitting off , then the battlefield side splitting off.  It seems every so often we have a huge chunk leave because the "management" is unwilling to put in the effort and support change.  Now I could be seeing this all wrong but that is what it has looked like for me.  

We are not a competitive clan so what is the benefit of refusing to support other interests?

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 11:37

RENE6ADE- wrote:
THANX4PLAYIN2DAY wrote:
There is little I could add to this discussion as I could not say it any better than pro.  I came to 4gc because of it's focus on CoD & honestly attempted to get into Battlefield b/c of the membership.  It turned out that I hated that game, so when they split to be Battlefield only, I supported their move and embraced the fact that we were CoD only.  Now with the debacle that was ghosts and is AW, I'm thankful that with much urging by Renegade and others we've opened ourselves up to Destiny.  I know he fizzled on the game, but I have grown to love it and it's various quirks.  And yes, I'm even warming to PvP a little. I've completely soured on CoD.  There is very little time in my day that I can spend gaming and to expand our support library would limit the time I play with my friends/family in 4gc would be further reduced.  I know there are a few of our regulars that I've not played with in over 3 months simply b/c they are playing games other than what I own.  Good for them that they're having fun doing that, but since I can only focus on one or two games regularly I figure those friendships will fade now.

More games simply means that I'll have less opportunity to engage and interact with those who are playing games other than what we're currently supporting.


Very glad that Destiny has worked out for so many. I agree that it sucks not to play with friends due to games played but thats what the forum is for.

Ask yourself this.... If it wasnt for me pushing Destiny onto 4gc so heavily, would you still be a active part of this clan? You hate CoD just like me. I am in the predicament of wanting 4gc to support other games so it can remain a gaming home for me. If 4gc only supports CoD and Destiny then there will be no reason for me to continue to be a member here.

I sacrificed a lot of personal time for this place over the past couple years. No it was not required nor did any one demand it of me but it would be great to see this place adapt so I will still have a home here.

I too have been primarily on Destiny and that has been the biggest issue and why in my opinion we dont want to add more games to support. We are currently having members that feel left out because the times they happen to have to game are limited. By the time they are able to get on everyone else has already started Raids and Fireteams and are left out solo then start to feel why did I even join this group. So by adding more games for 4GC to cater too I believe would bring more of what we are currently experiencing which is why we have the OTHER GAMES section on the forum under Everthing else under General Gaming. This can easily be used for this instance. Nothing needs to change if there's this section, that any GTA5 player can comment on or post info. The fact is honestly we already support other games you just post in this area so this whole topic is " SILLY".


Last edited by DGJH_10-30 on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 11:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VANSQUEAKER
Friend of 4GC
Friend of 4GC
avatar

Location : OMAHA, NE
Join date : 2014-05-25
Posts : 1158

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 11:44

Pro_Vantage wrote:
DewBaah wrote:
I am basically reading. Hey we won't tell you what games to play but if you want us to support you then you must be playing these games.

How well has the affiliate thing worked? They are in no way related to us. They are an entirely different clan not an extension of 4GC that supports a different game.  


That is exactly what is being said.  4GC is a CoD primary and Destiny secondary clan.  Now swapping the position of those could be up for discussion, but if you want forum support (ie. youtube videos, tips, tricks, and help for support in game, discussion of the game) from 4GC it will be for these 2 games.  

I'm sure there are "clans" generally set up for most every game.  If you need that, there are no rules against being a member as long as its not for one of the games we support.

The affiliates are there to signify "friendly" clans to 4GC.  It wasn't meant to benefit either unless a recruit, such as we've had in the recent weeks, comes in looking to play both CoD and BF.  DG and others have referred several to them for the BF side of things.

Has anyone been referred to us? I don't know and quite honestly am not concerned with that.  We've had several new recruits join and several have left, because we haven't given them the attention and the experience they were expecting when they heard about us.

That has to be fixed before we even consider supporting something else.  

I'm not real sure how much more clear we can be about this matter as of right now.  That is not to say it won't change, but as of right now we are strictly a CoD and Destiny clan.  

Well said Pro. I strongly support leaving things the way they are. If you don't like this COD. What is to say you won't like the next. I didn't care for ghosts but like AW.
Back to top Go down
Pro_Vantage
General Sp x3 :)
General Sp x3 :)
avatar

Location : Big Spring, TX USA
Join date : 2012-06-29
Posts : 3860

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 13:08

DewBaah wrote:
Look at how long I have been here. This is my second account so its missing another year or 2. I have seen everything from the Xbox side splitting off , then the EU side splitting off , then the battlefield side splitting off.  It seems every so often we have a huge chunk leave because the "management" is unwilling to put in the effort and support change.  Now I could be seeing this all wrong but that is what it has looked like for me.  

We are not a competitive clan so what is the benefit of refusing to support other interests?


The real reason we have people leave, is because their interest change. There is nothing wrong with that.

It is wrong to say that management is to blame because we are maintaining what we joined this clan for. I joined because of CoD. I play destiny some, but CoD is what I joined for. I didn't join here to get in a gaming community, I joined to chat and game with people who have a like interest or grip (lol) about CoD and now Destiny.

Things are some what broken right now and I think most of us would agree, but most of us would agree that none of it is unfixable.

Adding a game or making our home, my gaming home, a community just because we don't like the games being supported now is like changing my car because the radio station started playing crappy music.

It doesn't make sense. If you don't like the games currently supported, cool, but I don't change the entire car because you don't like the station. I hope that makes sense and I've tried to be nice. We don't need to start bashing management or any other members. That is not necessary.

If you feel its that bad, with all prosperous wishes, why stick around and stir the pot? If someone doesn't want to be insightful and only wants to create a stir, I have no time for you.

For the 2nd or 3rd time, 4GC is a CoD and Destiny clan.

As previously stated as long as posts are not pointing fingers, it will remain open.




Back to top Go down
THANX4PLAYIN2DAY
Colonel Sp x3
Colonel Sp x3
avatar

Location : United States - Indiana
Join date : 2012-02-15
Posts : 2278

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 13:40

In regards to jeremy's question, if destiny wasn't supported, then I'd probably be sipping the CoD Koolaid. It happened that I experimented with other game like watchdogs, and Diablo III. I enjoyed those for a while, but haven't really done much b/c my family/friends weren't there en masse. I am drawn to the people, and the commonality of the games we play. A mile wide, inch deep is not a rich experience for me. If we were more spread out, then I doubt I'd still be a member at all.

Respectfully submitted.


Back to top Go down
DewBaah
Corporal Sp
Corporal Sp
avatar

Location : Marlton , New Jersey
Join date : 2012-11-21
Posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 13:41

I hear a lot about this is what management has decided but yet we have members of management who play and support this idea.  So is there a divide there? Everyone needs to be one the same page. I do not want to bash anyone. I just here different things from different people. To much behind the scenes stuff going on it should be out in the open.

You know me well Pro. The only thing I can be is direct so I do apologize if this comes off as anything other then just trying to figure it all out.
Back to top Go down
Pro_Vantage
General Sp x3 :)
General Sp x3 :)
avatar

Location : Big Spring, TX USA
Join date : 2012-06-29
Posts : 3860

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 13:54

Then those in management who haven't spoken up need to do so. respectfully said of course.

I heard from 2 of our management team almost immediately and some of the others, again best to my knowledge were in the process of stepping down for same reasons as shady (at least that's what I was told the reason was). I hope its not because I've been handed the keys so to speak and I do ask them to reconsider.

If someone is saying something in the back ground, then step up. I know some of our team (if their still considering themselves in management) have been out of town and busy. The decision was given, based upon the 2 other than myself (so 3) who were not in favor of this both this time and in the past.

I have also been approached by several officers in party chat that they are not in favor of this.

The reason given has been pretty consistent. The wide rather than deep problem, and the fact that we have issues with just what we have now. Why add more people we can't help or stay in contact with.

Dub, as always, I know your personality. I know some take it harsh or whatever, but I take it as you're expressing your opinion.




Back to top Go down
DewBaah
Corporal Sp
Corporal Sp
avatar

Location : Marlton , New Jersey
Join date : 2012-11-21
Posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    Mon 05 Jan 2015, 14:07

Totally need to give you credit for taking the time to explain everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A formal request to support a community gaming experience    

Back to top Go down
 
A formal request to support a community gaming experience
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan 4GC :: Infinite Warfare :: Infinite Warfare Videos-
Jump to: